What is Plesk?
Plesk is a commercial web hosting control panel that can be used on both Windows Server and Linux operating systems. Through Plesk, you can build, secure, and run applications and websites. Their other services include setting up reseller accounts, DNS entries, and email accounts in a web-based interface. It was established and designed originally in Russia in 2001 and became an independent business in 2015.
ASP.NET is a Microsoft-provided web application framework. It is well-suited for bigger organizations because it is equipped with tools and libraries for building web apps.
To learn about how to change the active ASP.NET version on your Plesk account, read the following steps:
- You need to Log in to your Plesk account.
A. If you will access Plesk through the Customer Portal, the steps are listed below:
- Log in to the Customer Portal
- You can find the menu bar on the topmost part of the page. Then click on Services.
- Next is to click on MY SERVICES.
- Hover the cursor on My Products & Services then click it to view the options below, locate your hosting package, and then click Manage.
- Click the Open Control Panel button under Hosting Information.
B. Accessing Plesk Directly
Should you prefer to log in to Plesk directly, follow these listed steps:
– Open your web browser and type the Plesk address for your web site on the address bar. The address you should type should be formatted like this: https://www.example.com:8443, where example.com is your domain name.
2. Click the Websites and Domains button on in the left sidebar.
3. Then, you need to click on Hosting Settings.
5. Select the version you prefer to use and click on it.
6. Next, you need to click OK, and the new setting is activated immediately.
7. Lastly, log out of your Plesk account. You will be notified that your session has been finished.
– Locate the top navigation bar and click your username. The log out option will pop out below, then you can click on it.