Skimlinks is a platform that monetizes content from online publishers that specialize in in-text, contextual advertising. It is an affiliate network that helps site owners automate the affiliate marketing process. Skimlinks was launched in London by Alicia Navarro and Joe Sypniewski from Australia. If you are a website owner, then you can apply for a Skimlinks account. Before you apply for an account, you should consider reading a Skimlinks review first to have some in-depth insight on how they work. Skimlinks has its pros and cons.
- Applying for a Skimlinks account is 100% free. When you apply for an account, they require you to undergo an approval process. In an approval process, you will provide details about yourself and your site. Their team will notify you on the result via email after they’ve reviewed your application.
- Skimlinks is easy to install on your website. All you have to do is enter some coding on your site and you’re good to go.
- It helps you generate extra income.
- You don’t have to do anything except adding links to a post on your website. For example, you posted on your site about food supplements, then you take advantage of Skimlinks by providing a hyperlink to food supplements sellers.
- Some merchants have higher commission rates, which can greatly increase your income.
- Skimlinks provides you helpful reports and data to make it easy for you to know what sort of contents generates potential revenue the most.
- Skimlinks is associated with great companies like Amazon and eBay.
- It is actually not that easy to apply for a Skimlinks account. The best chance possible for you to get accepted is to have a website that is at least a year old and gets visited consistently daily.
- They pay you once a month, not the usual period of every 15th and 30th of the month. However, this is common amongst affiliate networks like Skimlinks.
- Commissions are not tallied in real time. Usually, there is a one day or two-day delay.
- Their customer support program does not respond immediately. If you have submitted a support ticket to them, it could take days for their customer support team to respond.
- Skimlinks may be free to apply, but once you have earned revenue and commissions, they take 25% from it.
Skimlinks is still recommendable despite some of its cons. Besides, all companies are not entirely perfect no matter how great they claim to be. Just do the right thing in the best way possible, and Skimlinks can help your website generate a decent amount of income in no time.